Saying as though less than 6,000 members have actually viewed the Forum thread I made, I have decided to send this out as an announcement.

This is not designed so you can download a crap load of torrents, go into KL then never get out of it, it is designed so the more you download the more leeway you can have.

Example a new member (one with less than 50 downloaded torrents) should download 1-5 torrents, then seed them back with SP or Uploading, then download another 1-5.

An old member (500+ dwnloaded torrents) can download 5, seed them download another 5, seed 10, download another 5, seed 15 etc etc without fear of getting into KL.

But if you do go into KL you will have to clear all your hit and runs to become a user again, But with our SP system, having no hit and runs, is very easy on here. If you have no idea what SP is (then you must have been living in a cave) but you should read this Forum Thread.

Just going to copy and paste the original thread here.

Ok I have just changed this, it used to be, that if you went into KL you just needed to clear 1 or 2 hit and runs, and you were back to user, problem with this was, members were getting promoted/demoted left right and center all the time.

Also for most, I have made getting into KL harder, IE: you need more Hit and Run Points to get into KL.

But once you are in KL, to get promoted, you have to clear all your hit and runs, so basically you have to get the badge of honour. (BOH from now on)

The numbers of torrents in your history is correct (this is downloaded torrents, it does not include torrents that you actually uploaded to the tracker), the number of hit and run points are not, but it is just to give you an idea of how this system works.

less than 50 torrents in history, Demotion to KL = 10 points, promotion to user = must have 0 hit and run points (BOH)
between 50-99 torrents in history, Demotion to KL = 20 points, promotion to user = must have 0 hit and run points (BOH)
between 100-199 torrents in history, Demotion to KL = 40 points, promotion to user = must have 0 hit and run points (BOH)
between 200-299 torrents in history, Demotion to KL = 60 points, promotion to user = must have 0 hit and run points (BOH)
between 300-399 torrents in history, Demotion to KL = 80 points, promotion to user = must have 0 hit and run points (BOH)
between 400-499 torrents in history, Demotion to KL = 100 points, promotion to user = must have 0 hit and run points (BOH)
Over 500 torrents in history, Demotion to KL = 120 points, promotion to user = must have 0 hit and run points (BOH).

So this means the more you download, the more leeway we give you, but if you do slip into KL, you still have to clear ALL of your hit and runs to get out of it.

If a torrent is a Hit and Run, and it has no seeds, so is dead, make a reseed request for the torrent 1st, and leech it, if no one comes on to seed it, then report the torrent, and if you have asked for a reseed and you are leeching it, we will then delete it, so that hit and run is gone from your history forever, but you must show that you have at least tried to download it.

The only way to clear your hit and runs, is seeding them, or re-downloading and seeding them, (Donating, Pleading with staff will not help) if you do not know about SP (you must have been living in a cave) but check this thread and SP basically does the job for you.

SP in laymans terms.

Seed the torrents, and the system does the rest, even if no leechers turn up, you still get a 1 ratio on every torrent, just by seeding the things, simple really.

If you have no hit and runs, but you still have not been promoted, or have the BOH, then stop the torrents you are seeding for about 30 minutes, and the system should work in promoting you and giving you your badge of honour.

I think i have made this easy to follow, remember we wont tell you how we work out points, but points are not the same as torrents, and the numbers for points in the above list are wrong anyway, do not take them as gospel. Any questions other than, how do we work it out etc, will be answered.