Our system is back to normal and where it should be, but many of you are still having problems.. so here is a quick guide to everything you should do first before contacting the site!
1. Reboot your system, this includes all network devices like routers and modems
2. Check for a change after performing #1 as many will find this is all that is needed
3. Flush DNS cache and reboot your network
4. Clear your browser cache and cookies for all your browsers and reboot your system/network in case it was storing old cert permissions
5. Make sure if using a Windows OS that you are using all SSL libraries (these settings are stored in the IE settings) - yes even if you're not using that browser that is where they are. Changes only take effect when the browser is closed and be sure no hidden instances of it are running through your task manager
6. If you're having cert revocation errors, be sure that option to check for them is turned 'off' (yes in the IE browser again, but other browsers may have their own setting) Changes only take effect when the browser is closed and be sure no hidden instances of it are running through your task manager
7. After performing all the above, be sure to reboot your system/network
If you need help with any of these procedures, please do yourself a favor and use your friend google. You will get a world of help and your fix time will be faster than the support found here on site in this case.
there are also these needed threads for some cases depending on your setup and possibly due to your ISP.
If you have a UK or AUS ISP, then the following (after performing the above steps will help you).