• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[h=2]Blutopia (BLU) News[/h]

2020 Rules Update

Hello Blutopians,

We are thrilled to welcome you into 2020 with the announcement and soft release of our new ruleset. You can find an overview, our announcement, and the linked rules
HERE
. Even though this is a soft release, we expect everyone to give them a complete read through and start following them as much as possible. At this time, please do not report, trump, or delete any torrents that break the new rules. All of these things will be allowed once the rules are officially rolled out at a later date. Any changes to the rules will be reflected and catalogued in the announcement forum post, so please follow that for updates.

Thank You!

• 2 weeks later...

[h=2]Blutopia News[/h]

Greetings,

As many of you are aware, Blutopia has had an issue where many torrents were lost and we were left to resort to magnet links for these torrents.

We also learnt at the same time that rTorrent 0.9.6 seems to be the only client that is sending the required metadata magnets on torrents that have the private flag.

Because of this, we ask that if you could kindly send in your torrent clients cache folder (The folder that's storing all it's current .torrent files) as well as any other torrents you may have previously archived for BLU, to one of the staff members for us to correct that torrent. We understand this may be slightly difficult for some of you,but we are willing to work with you individually to help resolve this matter as soon as possible.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated

Regards,

Blutopia Team

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Site Health!

Greetings,

I am making this post to inform the community that my financial stance has changed greatly! I am going to be 100% upfront. I can no longer pay for this site to operate. Until things change on my end we need the communities help and we need it badly if this site is to remain in existence. At the time the site costs $215 a month to operate. $200 for the server and $15 for the mail service. At this point I know a lot don't do crypto. If that is the case you can sponsor me on GitHub for my open source projects like UNIT3D and I will be using the proceeds to help cover site costs. With GitHub you can use PayPal Credit or Debit.

With that said you can make a donation via the site and receive the perks it comes with or you can be a champ and sponsor via GitHub, however you do not receive any site perks. Just know you're keeping the site alive.

I made a post a week ago asking for sponsors via a Post, Article and MassPM. To my surprise out of the ~10K members we have we got only one sponsor from it. Im letting you know the struggle is real right now. We have never been a site to do ads, send pestering PMs constantly about donations and alike. Right now we need the help though.

It's up to the community for now.

https://github.com/sponsors/HDVinnie

https://blutopia.xyz/donations

Best Regards,

Blutopia

• 3 weeks later...

Battle of The Blutopians

https://images2.imgbox.com/ef/5a/jDOqfcMG_o.png

To celebrate our 3rd Anniversary – We considered many things, like awarding free bonus points to long time members, or having a freeleech or double upload event. However – we decided that it would be much more entertaining to host a battle royal and have our users fight it out for prizes!

We are pleased to announce...

Blutopia’s 1st Battle of The Blutopians

There will be 5 events & 5 winners! The winners of each event will be awarded the brand new class of BluRoyalty for Six Months. This class will be entitled to
F
reeleech, Double Upload, and Immunity for the entire duration of their reign. You will also receive 1 million BON Credits , 10 Freeleech Tokens and 3 Invites.

May the best Blutopians win!

The Events:

1) 168 Hour Upload Challenge

Upload as many New, not currently available releases to Blutopia. The Film, Anime, or TV Show must not be available on Blutopia in Any Form. The 168 hours begins on April 4th, 2020 (00:00 GMT) and ends April 11th, 2020 (00:00 GMT)

• TV Show Uploads MUST be complete seasons or series. Single Episodes will not be counted.

• Uploads must be well seeded until May 1st or they will disqualified.

• Click here to enter into the challenge
    . Please make a list of all your uploads which qualify in a reply to this topic. If this is not done you will not be entered into the contest

• Update your list as you go! Do not leave it to the end and do not make additional replies.

• Uploads that need to be corrected by Staff and/or breach the rules will be disqualified.

• Uploads will be determined to be unique by the TMDB ID.

• The first recorded Upload will be awarded the point for that release. Some users will have releases stuck in Mod Queue – As long as it was uploaded first, it will count.

• If there is a tie, the user with the most number of snatches across the qualifying torrents on May 1st will win.

• All Qualifying entries will be awarded Double Upload

2) Best Trailer/Commercial for Blutopia

Create a video trailer for Blutopia that is 30 to 60 seconds in length. Use content from the Blutopia site, and library of torrents. Show off the features of the site and our great community. Use your creativity!

• Do not upload your trailer to YouTube!

• Create a torrent and make it available to download .

• Label it like this [G
    reat Battle Submission] Blutopia Trailer - Creative Title Of Your Choice 1080p - Username

• Please encode you trailer to H.264 at 1080p

• Make sure your trailer is well seeded for the duration of the contest or you will be disqualified.

• All Trailers will be awarded Freeleech and Double Upload to encourage community judgment

• Community will judge with The Thank Button. On May 1st, 2020 (00:00 GMT) the Trailer with the most Thanks will win.

• Site Staff will vote if there is a tie.

• All Entries and Vote are due by May 1st, 2020 (00:00 GMT)

3) Best Original Fanres Edit

Create a brand new Fanres edit of Any Movie or TV Series. This must be Original Content

• Create a torrent and make it available to download

• Label it as per the rules however prepend it with [
    Great Battle Submission]

• Please encode to H.264 at 1080p, or H.265 at 2160p.

• Make sure your edit is well seeded for the duration of the contest or you will be disqualified.

• All Submissions will be awarded Freeleech and Double Upload to encourage community judgment

• Community will judge with The Thank Button. On May 1st, 2020 (00:00 GMT) the Submission with the most Thanks will win.

4) Best Original Vector Icon Font for Blutopia

Create an original Icon Font which can be used on Blutopia. This must be a drop in replacement for the current “Font Awesome” font.

• Click here to enter into the challenge
    .. Reply in the thread with your entry!

• A CSS stylesheet to override the existing Font Awesome stylesheet must be included.

• Include a screenshot of all included icons in your post.

• Include a permalink to a zip file containing the web ready font and css.

• You can host on GitHub or use
    https://anonfile.com/

• A forum post will be written with guides, and tips on creating icon fonts. (Coming Soon - Still a WIP)

• Voting will be done using the Forums Like/Dislike buttons.

• Likes will add a vote, dislikes will subtract a vote.

• The design with the most votes will win

• Site Staff will vote if there is a tie

• We may or may not use any of the entries on the live site when the contest is concluded. By entering the contest, all participants provides Blutopia with permission to use these on the Blutopia Site for as long as it exists.

5) Best Original Category & Type/Resolution Icons for Blutopia

Create a set of original Icons for Categories, Types, and Resolution which can be used in Blutopia’s torrent pages and search results.

• Click here to enter into the challenge.
    . Reply in the thread with your entry!

• You must include a complete set of icons covering all categories, types, and resolutions.

• Icons must be in PNG or SVG format.

• Include a screenshot of all included icons in your post.

• Include a permalink to a zip file containing the web ready font and css.

• You can host on GitHub or use
    https://anonfile.com/

• Categories: Movies, TV, FANRES, Anime, Trailers

• Type: Full Disc, Remux, Encode, WEB-DL, WEBRip, HDTV

• Resolution: 4320p, 2160p, 1080p, 1080i, 900p, 720p, 576p, 576i, 480p, 480i, Other

• Voting will be done using the Forums Like/Dislike buttons.

• Likes will add a vote, dislikes will subtract a vote.

• The design with the most votes will win.

• We may or may not use any of the entries on the live site when the contest is concluded. By entering the contest, all participants provides Blutopia with permission to use these on the Blutopia Site for as long as it exists.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Dear Blutopians,

We are delighted to announce a pre-release of our official remuxing guide which can be found and discussed here. The guide is aimed at users wishing to prepare for the BLURANiUM User Release Program, but we hope it will help others too and contribute to the improvement of wider remuxing standards.

The guide was a cross-group effort, but special thanks is due to moderator Roardom for having both pioneered and managed the project.

The guide will always be considered a work in progress due to the continuous improvement of both software and internal remuxing standards. All Blutopians are invited to take part in shaping its future development by sharing feedback in this thread.

Best wishes,

Blutopia Internals

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...