News Ticker
  • Check out the official selling thread - Please use only Points for payments - Contact Rendition to buy Points - I am working on automatic Points Purchase and automatic Points exchange to crypto so you can sell them aswell, until then sell/buy them by contacting me.
  • Ebooks-Shares | ES | Ebooks | News Thread

• 1 month later...

Ebooks-Shares News

Staff Required

Reliable staff wanted

Good Day to you All

We are looking to add members to our team, if you think you have the time to spare, minimum of two hours per day and would like to help out the site then leave me a pm (*******) and I will get back to you.

if you were previously a Moderator and had to stand down due to time restrictions, but now find you have the time, we would love to have you back.

What sort of time is needed?, Well ideally a couple of hours a day is a bare minimum really, which is why we ask for those that spend a lot of time at their computers, you will be also required to carry out the following:

any or all of the below

Torrent Moderation

Shoutbox Moderation

Helpdesk

Forum Moderation

[h=2]Ebooks-Shares News[/h]

Hi to you all

I hope you are all doing well and anyone who is ill I hope you get well soon.

This pm is mainly for a message about "Making Requests" Please do NOT Request Books in the Shoutbox!!

The Request Section is here: please use it and if you are able please make a donation via Patreon.

If you make a Request in the Shoutbox you will get a weeks suspension on your account and your Passkey will be reset. If this happens more than three times your account will be deleted! I hate to do this but too many members especially new members have been breaking this rule too often......!

I know you may not see this rule on other sites but we are different in many ways and intend to be here for a lot more years. We actually are not a strict site and we are very easy going but this item causes more work that we do not need.....remember all staff are volunteers and give their time freely......

Thankyou for reading this.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I hope this finds you well and if you are in the Northern Hemisphere I hope you are warm!

This is just a short message to convey My Seasons Greetings to you and your families and to Thankyou for your continued support of our site and community.

We trimmed down the user base a month or so ago as these members had not been active for more than a year .....if you know of anyone who wants to join our site staff can send out invites for you. We have done this as there was too much abuse of the invites system which is a shame !

Now if you celebrate Christmas ....Have a Very Happy Christmas ! If you dont celebrate Christmas have a Happy Holiday.......you will all be in my thoughts over this holiday period. #

Finally if you would like to be a staff member and can spend a few hours a week on our site helping out then please contact me or any staffer and we will point you in the right direction.

Thankyou for reading this.

Kind Regards

I**** and All The Staff Team

• 2 weeks later...

[h=2]Ebooks-Shares News - Notice[/h]

This is to everyone on our site!

Hi All

First of all Happy New Year to you All!

As this is a New Year I want you all to read the Site Rules:
    here

This year I am going to try and reduce the work our staff has to do and one thing that really gets us mad is members who break the Download Rules that is why I want you to check out the Site Rules. If any Rules are broken there will be no messing around ....accounts will be closed.
    So PLEASE read the Site Rules!!

If you have anyone who wants to join our site and community please message a staffer as they have invites and we will do the invite for you after a few checks are done.

I see not many of my Audio Books are being downloaded and I am yet again wondering if I should keep on uploading Audio Books....please message me with your thoughts if I should or should not upload this type of book.

Finally I have had a bit of a disaster where I lost all my torrents during last night when we had a power outage here and I was in the middle of changing my edition of Utorrent.....this mad me really mad I can say geeeeeez....anyway if you want any of my books please request them of pm me with the link. It will take me some time to repopulate my torrents as I had quite a few. Sorry about this.

Thats it until next month unless I have any news before then. If you want anything put in the monthly newsletter please let me know.

Kind Regards

i******* and All the Staff Team

ps we are still looking for more staff members so if you want to help us contact me or any staffer with your details.Thankyou!

• 2 weeks later...

Please note I made a mistake in sending this and was made aware of this by f***** to whom I give my thanks. The error was in the link to the Site Rules .....which has been fixed now. Strange only one member noticed this error.

Anyway here is the amended message:

This is to everyone on our site!

Hi All

First of all Happy New Year to you All!

As this is a New Year I want you all to read the Site Rules:
    Code:

http://ebooks-shares.org/rules.php

This year I am going to try and reduce the work our staff has to do and one thing that really gets us mad is members who break the Download Rules that is why I want you to check out the Site Rules. If any Rules are broken there will be no messing around ....accounts will be closed. So PLEASE read the Site Rules!!

If you have anyone who wants to join our site and community please message a staffer as they have invites and we will do the invite for you after a few checks are done.

I see not many of my Audio Books are being downloaded and I am yet again wondering if I should keep on uploading Audio Books....please message me with your thoughts if I should or should not upload this type of book.

Finally I have had a bit of a disaster where I lost all my torrents during last night when we had a power outage here and I was in the middle of changing my edition of Utorrent.....this mad me really mad I can say geeeeeez....anyway if you want any of my books please request them of pm me with the link. It will take me some time to repopulate my torrents as I had quite a few. Sorry about this.

Thats it until next month unless I have any news before then. If you want anything put in the monthly newsletter please let me know.

Kind Regards

**** and All the Staff Team

ps we are still looking for more staff members so if you want to help us contact me or any staffer with your details.Thankyou!

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

I do hope you read this as I feel we have a problem.

Over the past year the amount of people downloading books from our site has gone down and down. I can say three members are downloading right now and this is bad very bad.

We all need to support the site and upload and download books......and also to sign in to the site to keep your accounts open.

In the past few months we have deleted accounts of members who had not visited the site in over a year as this was putting load on our server that we really did not need. Plus we couldnt see why accounts were still being kept open for members who never visited the site. If people want to sign back up to the site we are open at various times of the year for new registrations.....!

I never want to close our site down as we do have really loyal members and friends but to justify all the work that goes on in the background and to justify time taken to upload books by our loyal uploaders we need you to take part in our site and community. Plus the site is very good therapy for quite a few of us who have medical problems and have found a place where we can talk to like minded people.....I for one appreciate this very much.

One member messaged me yesterday and said we were not interested in our members which was completely wrong because you the members are very very important to us and as I have said loads of you have become personal friends.

You will have noticed that we have a few changes when you log on to the site ie if you have pm,s to read you will be taken straight to thepms and you will have to read them or mark them as read before you can proceed to the rest of the site......this was brought in because too many members were not reading messages that were fairly important from me ....and others. There have been a few other tweaks that have happened and to see what these were you would have had to read pm,s at the time.

Even though I have voiced a few problems and changes I am still proud and pleased to provide a site for books and a place for like minded people to meet and talk......so please come here and use the site more often and dont fall into the trap that some members have by not coming here for over a year and losing their accounts.

We have some great content and if books are not being seeded you can request reseeds or even make a post in the forums asking for any title that you may need......some members love to look around for titles and provide them for you.

I am always available for you to talk to or ask for help.....our staff are here to help you as well.

Thats it from me for now apart from saying again please use our site!

Kind Regards

i**** and All The Staff Team

• 3 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

This is just my monthly pm to let you know whats happening on our site.

I have noticed that there are not as many members downloading books at this time and wonder if we have a problem..? If so please message me and let me know. We do have a heck of a lot of books on site new and old some seeded and some needing seeding.......if you need a book reseeded just click the Request button in the torrent description of that title.....it will be seeded asap.

Over the past month there has been a lot of illness with some staff members which means that the staff who are well are doing a lot of work on site ....so if you contact a staffer with a problem and you have had to wait please dont worry we will get back to you asap. We are not ignoring you!!

Nine members have dropped out of donating in the past few months so to help the site please have a thought about donating via Patreon......we wont say no to any member who wants to become a VIP as long as you stick to the rules.

Talking of the Site Rules.......there still seems to be a lack of understanding "Seeding Back" so go to the Site Rules and have a read so that you dont break the rules......please do this as it will make our jobs a lot easier.We do NOT like dumping or suspending members for breaking the rules but if we need to we will.....!

If you have any problems with the site etc please pm me and I will do my best to help you.

Thats it for now except to say if you want anything put in the monthly pm let me know.

Thankyou to everyone for being here.

Kind Regards

All The Staff Team

• 4 weeks later...

Good Day to all ,

This is a mass pm to all Members and Power Users .

Please forgive me and forget this pm if you already are doing it.

You Can Upload to this site now , You do not need to have been here a set time or a mega ratio .

Below is a link for site upload rules , and two links of how to upload.

Code:

http://ebooks-shares.org/rules.php

Here you will find two greats upload tutorials:

Code:

http://ebooks-shares.org/forums.php?action=viewtopic&topicid=187

http://ebooks-shares.org/forums.php?action=viewtopic&topicid=189

So come on and upload a few books for all to share and build your ratio up at the same time.

Have A Nice Day.

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone,

if you have uploaded in the past and are not seeding your torrents please can you start them seeding again! We have 36,000 that are not being seeded so we have to either get them seeding or dump them. So if you have uploaded in the past please reseed them and if you cant seed them for a long time then let a staff member know and we will download them and keep them seeding.

It is such a waste not having torrents seeding so help us help you!

If you have any problems with this let either staff members know or give me a shout....and we will do what we can to help.

Thankyou so much.

Kind Regards

Staff

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to you all!

First of all I hope this finds you all well and enjoying your books. It is a couple of months since I sent out a message to you all and since then we have reduced our membership by culling the members who havent been here for more than a year this was obviously to help reduce load on our server and also because we were wasting time trying to talk to them etc etc. The members we have here now (the members who have been here a long time) are what we want and we know are loyal to the site especially the VIP members who pay to keep our site on line.

You will notice yesterday and today I have been concentrating on uploading packs for our VIP members ....I am doing this as I feel I have been neglecting our VIPers. For the rest of the month I will rotate my uploads some VIP and some normal. I hope you the VIPers enjoy what I am uploading for you.

Talking about VIP members...... why dont you donate via our Patreon link on the right of this page we have had quite a few VIP members drop out and I havent had to ask you to donate before now for a very long time.......so please donate to help fund the site.

You will notice that there are very few members who upload! This must change and I would urge you to try to upload using our Tutorials in the Forums and if you need help ask a member of staff for help.

There are also too many members who are not connectable please read in the Forums how to do this .....we are finding too many members are ignoring the warning they have in their profile so come on it wont take long to do!

If you find any problems with the site please let our Webmaster know so he can repair what is wrong or tell you whats wrong.

You will notice I have restarted using the Poll section bottom left of the home page please have a go at this....also if you have any ideas for polls please pm me with them.

Thats all for now.....but just before I go ....if you have anything you think would go well in our small newsletter to the site please pm me and I will look at including what you come up with.

Many THANKS for being a member here we hope you enjoy the site.

Kind Regards

Staff team

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

I hope this finds you well and enjoying yourselves with your reading.

This message will be short but advantageous......

Please note as from now we are going to reduce the size of files for Freeleech from 1gb to the new level of 700mbs.

So it is now 700Mb books that will be made Freeleech. I hope this helps you find more books to read and upload. Certain books and collections will still be made VIP and only for VIP members who have donated to the site........I personally upload collections of books and magazines and audio book collections for VIP members so please donate and have a look!

Thank you for reading this.

Oh before I go if you would like to spend a few hours a week being a staffer please let me ...J********, F****** or B** know ....the only real perk of being a staff member is you get VIP uploads oh and the warm fuzzy feeling you get helping your fellow members. hehehehehehe

Kind Regards

Staff team

• 4 weeks later...
    • 3 months later...

Hi

This message is to all members.

Well its February and here it is cold and I cant wait for spring to start and the Sun to warm us up. So its the right time to be reading and enjoying this site isnt it?

We have a couple of prolific Uploaders who are doing a great job of keeping our content fresh for our membership......so my Thanks go out to them for their hard work and using their time to help our site and members..."Well done to our Uploaders" you can see who they are and I guess a Thankyou in the Shoutbox would be a nice thing to do!! Remember everyone can upload on our site so please try....... there are great Tutorials in the Forums to help you.

Im looking at a couple of projects that I may wish to start and one would be to get T-shirts printed for our generous donators so if you have any ideas of a good cheap T-shirt supplier please let me know.......one other possibilty is to provide a voucher for purchasing ebooks on line for certain members. I want our donators to benefit for what they do so if you have any ideas then let me know ....!

Thankyou to all our members if you werent here we wouldnt have a site.

One other thankyou I need to add is to our Webmaster who works wonders in the back ground so Thankyou F***** for the work you do!!

If you are interested in being a staff member please let me know as we always are looking to promote members to the staff team.

Thats it for now.

Stay safe and take care of yourselves.

Kind Regards

Staff

• 11 months later...

TL R - Users and power users caught violating download rules will lose their account, Uploaders and VIPs will be suspended for one week

Through diligent work and keen observation our crack mod team has identified many members who have been disregarding the download rule of 6. Many members and Power Users have been deleted from the site without hesitation. VIP members are the life blood of this site and as such have been ignored for breaking the 6 per user rule, but it has to stop. With immediate effect VIP members caught breaking this rule will face a 1 week suspension for the first offence. Similarly VIP members violating the required time for seeding back have been allowed a pass. This also has to stop (I am going to notice when you hit and run on one of my torrents).