News Ticker
  • Check out the official selling thread - Please use only Points for payments - Contact Rendition to buy Points - I am working on automatic Points Purchase and automatic Points exchange to crypto so you can sell them aswell, until then sell/buy them by contacting me.
  • ABTorrents.me | ABT | E-Learning | News Thread

• 3 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

[h=2]ABTorrents (ABT) News[/h]

Winds of Change

Hello there ...

OK, just because we are celebrating our 3rd birthday of when I took over ABT, there are some great bonuses arriving this month.

1. All torrents that are under VIP as of NOW will be made open download, VIP gone ...

2. VIP can be purchased once again from your Karma page, at an all time low of 5000 points for one month. (This will enable you in future to download any VIP torrents). You will however NOT receive any freeleech and / or immunity using this option, only the ability to download such torrents and you still have to seed them back to avoid Hit n Runs as buying VIP with points does NOT grant HnR immunity at all.

3. As of this month, all donators will receive DOUBLE freeleech and DOUBLE immunity times. That means that a donation will be very effective for those of you that have HnR problems or hassles seeding back.

(I have people saying but you know electricity is so expensive I can't leave my PC on and various other reasons, like HDD space etc. - if you can't abide and follow the rules, either donate to clear your problems or don't download. Simple.)

You won't even consider entering a 3-legged race if you don't have a partner, so if you can't do things the way you should, leave off doing them.

We are actively recruiting staff - yes, there is quite a bit of effort expected from you, but the perks are considerable ... for any queries do contact me or K********, we'll only be too glad to answer them.

So, to conclude, do enjoy ABT and please, if you can, do drop us a small donation, remember, this site costs money to run and give you the content that you expect. Show some appreciation once a year by donating a fiver? That's all we need to be able to run efficiently and smoothly.

Thanks for taking the time out to read this,

regards from staff

• 4 weeks later...
    • 3 months later...

TLS older versions

PLEASE NOTE - TLS 1.0 and 1.1 will no longer be supported by this site from end of the month, according to latest browsers also not doing so any more. Should you experience problems after end of - sorry, but then upgrade your operating system / browser / network or whatever you need to do. These versions are not secure and we cannot keep using them.

We take YOUR security seriously.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Easter Update

Hi there -

As you well know, there have been quite some changes made the past few months to site. We've upgraded the software to conform to better security standards and we also made extensive changes in the backend code to enable us to run site much much more efficiently. This has been done with a minimum of downtime and fuss and bother to you, as you will have seen. We are now in the final throes of implementing a different tracker in the backend, namely XBT and when that is done and running the final step will be the implementation of two new templates for site, one a DARK version and one a LIGHT version. We've been using these in our development environment and quite frankly, it's awesome. FAST, clear, easy to read ... all the right ingredients. Chat has been COMPLETELY replaced, we still have a few small nigglies to resolve but thanks to j****'s attitude of "I won't give up" everything gets solved. There are a few rather big surprises coming after April, but more on that later haha .. but it will make ABT a much better and nicer site yet again.

With all that said, I need to mention that - no idea what the reason is - but all donations seem to have disappeared? Guys, we DO have to pay the site related costs every month regardless of things like the unfortunate Corona crisis, and related problems. Please, if you have a spare fiver, consider keeping us alive as well?

I sincerely hope that those celebrating Easter do so safely and for the rest of you, spend it at home, safe and with your families.

Be good,

Staff

SITE EXPANSION

Hi there -

You'll notice that there are some MAJOR additions to ABT - we now have ebooks as well. I have decided to merge RNS with ABT, we have transferred all content over, you now have ebooks as well as audio to enjoy, I hope that you will take advantage of this and download lots and lots of books.

Remember, nothing pleases an uploader more than lots of downloads!!!!

Enjoy yourself and have a happy and SAFE EASTER folks!!!!

Staff

• 5 months later...

Welcome and Happy Birthday ABT

Hi there everyone -

Yay, it's our 4th Birthday!!! (In the new code that is). I need to thank a few people for their very hard work and effort they put on for the site.

j*** - you are legend mate.
    K*** - from day 1, without you, ABT would have died off.

There are many others of course. I mention those 2 because literally, without them, you wouldn't have signed in to ABT to read this message. Thanks guys.

Let's hope we will still be around for a long time, but sadly that is ONLY going to happen if YOU start helping out too. We really seriously need donations folks, I can't carry more than 50% of site fees every month as has been happening. I'm ALSO on pension and believe me, in South Africa old age pension is ludicrous. LOL. it's literally like 100-110 US dollars a month. So cut me some slack, drop us a fiver, or a five hundred or whatever you like, but drop us SOMETHING so I can also breathe please.

I also sell and fully manage seedboxes - contact me for details.

Here's to a long and healthy site life.

Donate Details and Info on payment options here

Thanks,

Staff

• 1 month later...