Last Online
    Yesterday
    Post Thanks / Like

Waffles | WFL | Music | News Thread

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waffles News - Site turns 11 today!

Today, Waffles celebrates the opening of the site to the public, 2007-10-31, in the aftermath of the shutdown of Oink. We're still here! Stay tuned here for some more news related to this later today.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waffles News - Global freeleech

Freeleech lasts till the 4th of Nov at midnight (00:00 on the 5th).

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waffles News - About freeleech

And the more news is: Freeleech from now until the end of the day UTC 04 Nov 2018! Remember, if you download something before the end, but it ends the end time, THE WHOLE DOWNLOAD will count, not just traffic after the end. So since clocks are changing or just have changed depending on where you are (countries that change clocks this weekend get an extra hour of FL), make sure you know your UTC offset, so you know when the end will come for you. Happy downloading.

EDIT 1: Individual torrents will not say freeleech, but as long as the red notice is in the header, all torrents are freeleech.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waffles News - Extended freeleech

Freeleech lasts till the 5th of Nov at midnight (00:00 on the 6th).

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waffles News - Site issues

Site issues

So, the current FL has exposed a limitation of our current server arrangements. The site has been ovewhelmed with traffic and that is what caused the downtime Saturday. We did some maintenance to try to fix the problems, and the site, while slow, is back now, and the trackeris returning. Let's hope for the best here.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waffles News - Status update

UPDATE Nov 6: We're still getting hammered, and the site will slowly come back to normal over the next day or so, we expect. We were taken by surprise with the response of our equipment, and will come up with different ways to encourage downloads in the future.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waffles News

leave your torrents seeding, the site seems to be starting to come back now.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waffles News - Site issues update

UPDATE Nov 8: Tracker still is having issues but the site seems to be recovering. Be patient. I know it's hard.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waffles News - Site is working again

Site is working again

Well, thanks to our sysop, we have been able to get back online, and the tracker working. Enjoy the site, everyone!

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waffles News

Waffles Staff Picks - Trump Edition

Welcome to the Trump edition of the Waffles Staff Picks. Please remember we do not look to balance genres or purposely seek out diversity - these are

simply albums by bands that we love, and hope that you find something you enjoy as well. Note that each pick may be an individual track, or an entire

album (for the purpose of the theme). In every case, however, the entire album will be FL.

Artist: Various Artists
    Album: Our First 100 Days

If you can support the cause monetarily, please do so. We're all in this together...

Get It Here

Artist: Shout Out Louds
    Album: Easy My Mind
    Track: White Suzuki

Trump makes some people want to shout out loud. You can just listen to the Shout Out Louds instead.
    Again, I'm showing that anyone who is reluctant to making a pick because they can't relate it to the chosen "theme", just pick something anyway. Even

if you just say something like "this doesn't go with the theme, this is my protest". That's good, just get out and vote (by making a pick).

Oh actually my first pick was going to be the soundtrack for the movie, Bloodsport, which is a favorite of Trumps, and is also a favorite of mine. (i'm

not even joking there is some article about this). However, the torrent was dead.

Anyway, I've been a sort-of fan of Shout Out Louds for years, even tho I only listen to their song "impossible" and recently "walking in your

footsteps". I mean they're so good I can just listen to those and don't need to listen to anything else..
    I am pretty sure I was in some store, and music was playing and I shazamed it and it was "white suzuki" and i was like holy shit i didn't know Shout Out

Louds had a new album... i guess i didn't even know they were still a band.

Get It Here

Artist: Turnpike Troubadours
    Album: A Long Way From Your Heart

This band is almost local for me

Get It Here

Artist: Curtis Mayfield
    Album: There's No Place Like America Today
    Track: Billy Jack

The title and the album art say it all. But here's an excerpt from the AllMusic review anyway: "The title is intended in an ironic way, as illustrated

not only by the cover -- a grim parody of late-'40s/early-'50s advertising imagery depicting white versus black social reality -- but the grim yet

utterly catchy and haunting opening number, "Billy Jack." A song about gun violence that was years ahead of its time, it's scored to an incisive horn

arrangement by Richard Tufo. "When Seasons Change" is a beautifully wrought account of the miseries of urban life that contains elements of both gospel

and contemporary soul." The rest of the songs are all wonderful as well.

Get It Here

Artist: Best Coast
    Album: Best Kids
    Track: Cats & Dogs

Dreaming of a less divided world.

Get It Here

Artist: Yumi Zouma
    Album: Willowbank

Nothing like dancing to good music to get your mind off politics. This band is from New Zealand, and the beats are dancable in a smooth disco way. Very

very nice indeed.

Get It Here

Artist: Minor Threat
    Album: Complete Discography

These are troubling times. Instead of focusing on the negative, return to your formative Ethic and remember what makes good people good.

Get It Here

Artist: Lament Element
    Album: Defrag

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waffles News - Upcoming mass deletion of unseeded torrents

Upcoming mass deletion of unseeded torrents

When we came back from the dead more than a year ago, we stopped deleting torrents in hopes seeders would come back to most of them. In the end, about 60% of torrents got seeded. At this point the odds that any remaining unseeded torrents will come back is very remote, and we are going to delete all of them at the end of the month. So, if you can help seed stuff that is currently not (maybe some recent torrents that have gone unseeded?) please do, but we only are waiting another two weeks.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waffles News - About unseeded torrents

To see a list of unseeded torrents you've snatched before, please use: needseed.php

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waffles News

Search system problem

For the last couple of hours, the torrent search system on the site has been offline. That means searches and the browse pages are not functioning. It appears uploads do work, and if you have the address of a torrent you can get to the page; I verified this by clicking through from the site log. So the good news is it doesn't appear we have any risk of data loss, and in a few hours from this message we'll have dev help on the problem. So sit tight, and more info will be provided when we have it.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waffles News - Important info

About the deletion of unseeded torrents:

EDIT: New delete date is on or around December 4. If you want to save torrents, now is the time to act. several thousand already have been saved, cheers to all who stepped up.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waffles News - About unseeded torrents

EDIT2: Old, unseeded torrents have now been deleted!

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waffles News

Upcoming maintenance; posssible downtime

We're going to be doing some server maintenance during the next couple of weeks, and at some point in the process the site might have to go do down temporarily. If this happens, we'll give as much notice as possible, but take this post as notice in case you can't get to the site next week. As always, the main IRC channel is a great place to go to see if the site is up or down.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waffles News - Upcoming maintenance (update)

UPDATE: There will be a substantial downtime at some point on January 1. It should be less than 12 hours.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waffles News

Maintenance

UPDATe 2: The work did not get completed on 1/1, so there will be downtime this weekend, Jan 5 and 6. We'll try to keep the site up as much as possible over the weekend. More news when we know.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waffles News - Upcoming maintenance (update)

UPDATE 3: No work was done over this weekend, it's gonna be a couple weeks before the remaining work gets done. The site is happily chugging along, and we'll give you notice when we expect any downtime.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast